Globally, approximately 15% of people are affected by Migraines. CuraLase approaches Migraines by conducting a careful screening interview with a qualified practitioner. The screening will determine the correct protocol for patient care. This is an important step in making sure that the patient does not have an acute problem requiring urgent medical attention.
Migraine Headaches are characterized by recurrent headaches that are moderate to severe. Typically, the headaches affect one half of the head, and are pulsating in nature. The Migraine can last from a few hours to several days. Symptoms associated may include nausea, vomiting, and sensitivity to light, extreme temperatures, sound or smell. The pain is generally made worse by physical activity or stress. Commonly an aura will occur prior to the onset of the headache. It is believed a viral infection may be a factor in some headaches. Emotions, stress, depression, anxiety, shocks, tiredness, insufficient sleep, shoulder or neck tension, physical exertion, low blood sugar and any significant stress to the body can trigger Migraines.
Patients often experience pain relief during the first treatment and significant relief before the end of the protocol.
Symptoms of Migraine Headaches?
• Most Migraines start with a peripheral vision aura
• Tightness in the back of the neck and pain in back of head
• Often begins as a dull ache then grows into throbbing pain
• Nausea, vomiting and upset stomach
• Loss of appetite
• Feeling of helplessness
• Often recluse to cool, quite, dark solitude
• Often find relief by secluding themselves in a dark and quiet room
• Vision changes and motor skill changes