Over 14 million people suffer from Epicondylitis in the Unites States. CuraLase approaches Epicondylitis by conducting a careful screening interview with a qualified practitioner. The screening will determine the correct protocol for patient care. This is an important step in making sure that the patient does not have an acute problem requiring urgent medical attention.
Pain and inflammation in the elbow can be due to Epicondylitis. This condition is generally caused by overuse repetitive motion, particularly in sports and athletics. Lateral Epicondylitis, also known as tennis elbow causes pain on the outside of the elbow, where as Medial Epicondylitis, also known as golfer’s elbow or thrower’s elbow, is experienced as pain to the inside of the elbow.
Patients often experience pain relief during the first treatment and significant relief before the end of the protocol.
Symptoms of Epicondylitis?
• Pain on the inside and/or outside of the elbow
• Pain when pressure applied to the elbow
• Elbow stiffness • Hand and wrist weakness
• Tingling sensation or numbness in the fingers, especially the ring and little finger
• Difficulty moving the elbow