Cervical Neck Pain affects two-thirds of the United States population at some point in their lives. CuraLase approaches Cervical Neck Pain by conducting a careful screening interview with a qualified practitioner. The screening will determine the correct protocol for patient care. This is an important step in making sure that the patient does not have an acute problem requiring urgent medical attention.
Cervical Neck Pain can develop for a number of reasons. Most commonly, inflammation and irritation develop in the muscles, ligaments and tendons in association with varying degrees of arthritis. Cervical Neck Pain may also arise due to pinching of the nerves in the neck; this may be caused by joint disruption, arthritic change, bulging disc, etc.
Patients often experience pain relief during the first treatment and significant relief before the end of the protocol.
Symptoms of Cervical Neck Pain:
• Pain in the neck region
• Limited range of motion
• Headaches that may originate in the neck
• Pain radiating to the shoulders
• Stiffness and changes in the curvature of the neck
• Changes in posture and height
• Numbness and discomfort in the arms and hands
• Grinding or popping noise when turning the neck
• May cause dizziness